Utterly Useless Wastes of Time

Looking for something to waste your time? Check out my vast array of sites that will totally ruin your productivity for the day.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Run Kong, they are going to get you!



Remember Dianne Fossey, and how she wanted to save the gorillas? Yes, no? Well screw her, but not the gorillas. In London, there is this race (The Great Gorilla Run) where you have to dress up like a gorilla and run 7 kilometers. What's suprising is that the race is really taking off. Last year it generated over a million dollars, and they expect more this year. If you want to run in it, there is a 200 dollar enterance fee, and they send you a packet for raising money for the charity. More importantly, you get to dress up like a gorilla and run around without being considered crazy. However, there are a few things that I want to know. Do people throw bannanas at you as you run? Does the crowd make Gorilla noises as you run by them? What do you get if you win? Would it be wierd if I ran around trying to pick bugs off of all the other contestents? Do I have to run it at a good pace or can I walk it? Is there a celebration afterwords at a local bar? These are things I have to know before I decide to fly to london and act like a fool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home